BHSOM offers a state-recognized 600 hour program that prepares students to take the MBLEx national examination.
The course includes: A/P, pathology, nutrition, ethics, Swedish, various therapeutic massage techniques, and chair massage, and advanced classes will be taught where you can properly learn to help with various pain syndromes such as whiplash, lower back/sciatica, carpal tunnel and more.
Call or email for Information:
Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Don't wait until the deadline to submit your application.
• 18 or older
• Possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Be in good physical and emotional health
• Be able to meet the financial obligations of the program
• Complete the admissions interview in person when possible or by telephone
• Complete the application
• Send the completed application, or scan it and email it to us along with the following items (listed below) and a $100.00 application fee (non-refundable) to Black Hills School of Massage, P.O. Box 19, Hermosa, SD 57744.
Once we have received your application and deposit, we will contact you for an interview.
• Completed application
• Copy of your high school diploma or GED
• Two 2 x 3 passport style photos
• Letter of recommendation
• A note from your physician on his/her official letterhead, stating that you are free from communicable diseases, (including tuberculosis), in good health and able to perform massage therapy
Next Class Begins
March 25, 2019
The massage industry is ever expanding. Or are you looking for a career that might also be a health ministry? Have you ever been told that you have a special touch? Are you drawn to a career where you will be able to directly impact others’ quality of life through your skill? Would you find the study of the human body fascinating? Are you a good listener? Are you open-minded and willing to work with all types of people? Do you easily empathize with others?
If you answered yes to many of these questions, then you may want to seriously consider a rewarding career in massage therapy as an option.
On school site room and board is available.
Call or Email for Information: